A personal resolution for me this year was to start buying more interesting and unique items for my house and less Crate and Barrel, Pottery Barn and of course my favorite Target a.k.a. Targeeeeey! Don’t get me wrong I love those stores but that’s probably my problem I love them too much.
Of course a great place to buy unique items for your home is Etsy and I thought I’d showcase some of my favorite artist a few times a month.
The first artist is Elizabeth McKeever and her bio listed at Etsy is pretty impressive
* MFA; Magna Cum Laude – Savannah College of Art and Design; Savannah, GA
* BA; Major: Studio Art Minor: Philosophy – Wesleyan College; Macon, GA
* First Artist in Residence for the Gibbes Museum of Art’s Poets & Painters program.
* Painting tutor for actress Rachel McAdams for the filming of “The Notebook”.
* She describes her artwork as an exploration of the connection between the physical and spiritual world through examination of everyday objects and abstract symbolism.
If she’s not a reason to not buy mass produced artwork I don’t know what is!