This last weekend I was excited to leave for our first camping trip of the year. We went to the Indiana Dunes with my mother-in-law, my daughter’s aunt/godmother and my daughter. For those of you that don’t know our camping is a bit different then most people’s idea of camping. We stay in a air-conditioned/heated RV, which happened to be upgraded this year to a really big air-conditioned/heated, flat screen tv RV. We don’t do much hiking and we definitely don’t rough it. We read alot of magazines, books, watch tons of movies and talk around the campfire for as long as possible and truth be told we venture out and do a little shopping and perhaps go out to dinner a time or two! We call it girly camping!
This weekend was a bust besides the fun company. When Sloan and I left Indianapolis it was 86 degrees outside and by the time we made it to northern Indiana it was down to 54 degrees and it had started raining and it never stopped raining. Oh, and when I say raining I mean a steady downpour rain. We were bummed we didn’t get to sit outside but really it didn’t stop us from having fun…well that was until I stopped the fun.
I’ll be honest I’ve suffered from a little morning (all day) sickness for a few weeks now but it really hasn’t been too horrible and it wasn’t everyday and it would happen once and I’d feel better. That wasn’t the case on Sunday though, I woke up with a bit of a migraine and a few hours later I proceeded to get sick, over and over and over again. Without grossing you out too much lets just say I couldn’t stop getting sick and it got so bad my mother-in-law convinced me to call my doctor who advised me to head on over to the ER to be checked out. So I spent all day Sunday at the hospital and was diagnosed with severe morning sickness and was given some medication to help. Luckily I got to hear baby beans heartbeat and it was a strong 145 and by Monday afternoon I was feeling much better. Now, I just feel bad for grossing my family out so bad!!
So now that I’m done whining about being sick I can whine about the weather. I don’t think we’ve had more then 4 nice days this entire year, so I’m taking matters into my own hands and making the house feel a bit more like spring.
So for the rest of the week I’ll post photos of the small things I’ve done around the house to make it ready for what I hope is spring at least for a few weeks before we head right into summer.
For now I’ll give you a few tips you can try at your house that are quick, easy and cheap to brighten it up for the season.
1. New pillows for your bed or couch. Simple and easy to get rid of your heavy winter pillows for pretty spring pillows.
2. New placemats for your dining room table.
3. Replace a piece of upholstered furniture with a piece of wicker furniture. This type of furniture is light and airy and perfect for the warmer months.
4. Remove heavy carpets and replace with scatter or sisal rugs or no rug at all.
5. Remove some of you knickknacks and replace with something large like a piece of coral.
6. Remove your heavy curtains and replace with something lighter or again, nothing at all.
7. Pack up that heavy wool afghan and if you need a blanket replace with a light cotton one.
8. Place herbs on your kitchen window sill.
9. Place some white daisies on your side table.
10. Replace your colored candles with white candles.
(Happy to Design)
11. De-clutter and clean. They don’t call it spring cleaning for nothing!!
12. Replace that bowl of pinecones and fill it with lemons or limes.
(All About You)
If you have any springtime decorating tips please feel free to share them!!