I’m not a big resolution kind of gal (kinda obvious since it’s January 16th) but that doesn’t mean I don’t like to set goals for myself and goals for the house. One thing I am is a list maker or maybe I’m a person who enjoys crossing things off the list.
I thought it be fun to share my list with you this year and check in from time to time and see how I’m doing. I’m usually pretty good about once something is written down I’m able to accomplish it. I’m not necessarily aiming to have to cross everything off the list because I’m not really looking for that sort of pressure this year but I do know writing things down helps me keep on track with my decorating ADD!
So here goes…
1. Change the curtains or perhaps eliminate them all together.
2. Paint the small bench.
3. Replace the artwork.
The Dining Room
1. Finish curtains and hang.
2. Hang artwork.
3. Find 2 additional chairs to replace the wicker chairs.
4. Paint the buffet mirror.
5. Paint inside of dining room hutch.
The Living Room
1. Add doors to bottom of bookcases.
2. Add trim to the bamboo shades.
3. Cushions made for window seats.
4. New light fixture.
5. New coffee table because our current one looks like an accident waiting to happening for Cooper once he starts crawling.
6. Decorate Fireplace Mantel.
(Fireplace in 2012)
7. New rug.
1. Sell wrought iron furniture, it’s uncomfortable and I want to spend more time outside.
2. Find new furniture for front porch.
1. Finish Bocce Ball Court.
2. Paint outdoor furniture to squeeze out a few more years, it looks good in the photos but seriously horrible in person.
3. New patio set for back patio. Something comfortable to go outside and drink my
4. Possible area for movie night outside.
1. Remodel entire kitchen. Yep. Yea not sure this one’s going to happen.
1. New flooring. Yep. Not sure about this one too since the floor and kitchen both have to been done at the same time.
I guess that seems like a lot especially since I said I was going to take things a little slower this year so I’ll be interested to see how things go!
Most important, have friends over during the process and entertain more without so much fuss!
Do you make a to do list for your home every year? Please tell me I’m not the only crazy one!