My loft upstairs is almost done and today I’m preparing to move everything into the space and putting the final touches on it. This of course is my favorite part of designing a room.
When designing a space I’d be lying if I said I never bought anything from Target. Seriously…Target is almost always involved but the majority of things are bought from a variety of places.
My recipe for a room
pretty much alway looks a little something like this…
1. Something old, it can come from an antique store, thrift store or even a garage sale. It gives the room some depth and some soul.
2. Something I have splurged on like an expensive candle or designer pillow. It’s amazing how something little can elevate a space.
3. Something interesting that not many people may not have. I shop at Etsy a ton to find unusual and unique items. I also bookmark cool stores and products other bloggers have mentioned that I have never heard of.
This artist was recommended by Emily A. Clark
4. Something I pulled from another room. If you buy what you love it will work anywhere in your home. This time around I’m using my daughter’s changing table/dresser. It’s been painted 4 times. There’s nothing crazy special about it but it is built great and the fact that it was bought for my first born will always hold a special place in my heart. I am such a big believer of pieces that evoke a special memory!
5. Something living. A plant or flowers. I usually chose succulents because they are easy to care for or wildflowers from our yard.
6. Finally always something black, it grounds the space and black is my jam! There is so much truth if you want to know you’re favorite color check out your closet!
Another week down in the One Room Challenge and I’m super excited for next week reveal week!! Have you been checking out all the participants? Crazy good! Please make sure to head over to Calling it Home to check out the featured designers and linking participants! Also as always you can follow me on Instagram for more up to date posts and on Pinterest to see what is inspiring me!
I’m off to decorate and in case you need a recap…