This post can be helpful if you’re looking for Christmas gifts that are extra special and support small businesses. Or if you’re like me helpful for planning your next projects once Christmas is over. These are my current favorite Etsy shops.
Recently I got a little stuck on the main level design on my house. I feel like I’m done with what I call the first layer of my house. Now I want to work on making it feel a little more cozy and a little more personal. I’m still not sure what else I’m going to do with our kitchen. I’ve put any big decisions on the back burner. I did however made a small tweak which leads me to my first favorite store.
The previous owners installed white corian countertops. They also installed it behind the stove. When we installed the subway tile we quickly found out that the white subway tile looked cream compared to how very white the countertops and stove backsplash was. There was no money in my budget to take out the counters. I mean it’s white, changing out new white counters is very very low on the list. I also didn’t want to remove the backsplash behind the stove. When you do something like that you open yourself up to a lot of extra work. This leads me to my first favorite etsy store.
- Snazzy Decal. Which is basically waterproof peel and stick wallpaper tiles. It took 24 6×6 squares to cover the space behind the stove. The cost was $45.00. Not bad for what I think is a pretty fun pop! (They delivered the tiles super quick!)
2. Vintage Vesture. Lots of everything. I love it for the vintage brass. I bought a brass turtle for my office for the One Room Challenge. (The owner of the store is beyond nice and communication is great!)
3. Maren Devine Art. I’ve bought multiple pieces of art from Maren. Her work is stunning.
See another piece in my daughter’s studio apartment here.
4. The Pillow Cover Store. They have a wide range of pillows but my favorite pillows to buy from them are outdoor pillows. Outdoor pillows can be quite ugly and the pillow cover store has amazing outdoor pillows to chose from.
5. Stuck on Hue I’ve worked with Hollie a few times on pillows for my home. Beautiful designer fabrics and exceptional quality work.
So the next time you’re looking to spruce up your house instead of running to Target (not that there is anything wrong with that) consider supporting a small business!
More information on the decals and my kitchen over on Instagram.
I hope you’re enjoying the holiday season and giving yourself a break and remember it’s not about perfection. Kids don’t remember things being perfect and don’t care about the pretty pictures like we do. They remember the time we spend with them and the memories you make! So please be kind to yourself! xo